It's been a very long and crazy journey. We purchased the lot back in July of 2013 and at that time decided move into Michi and Doug's basement (which we are so grateful for because we couldn't have done this without them). We broke ground in February 3, 2014 and we passed the final inspection on Nov 25th.
Jody has worked endlessly to pick out every little detail and make sure the subcontractors were doing what they were supposed to (which they frequently were not). I didn't have to worry about most design decisions because she knows what she is doing.
Even though we moved in there is still a bunch of stuff that the subcontractors need to finish up. But we are happy to be in. There are so many lessons you learn from building a house. I'll have to do a follow up post on all of the things that we wished we would have known going into this.
I only have pics of the main floor because the upstairs is basically just bedrooms that have boxes waiting to be unpacked. More to come later...
Merry Christmas!


No comments:
Post a Comment